Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, May 4, 2015
So... remember last week when I said I'd be emailing on Tuesday... surprise!

O
Sister Phillips and Sister Batchelor
ur time for the temple got changed so it'll be either next week or the week after that I'll email on a different day. So... expect the unexpected! Or expect nothing at all, and then you'll be pleasantly surprised again! Haha!

Some really funny things happened this week, at least I thought they were really funny, let's see if you all agree with me. On Friday me, my companion, and the four elders in our district were doing service at an assisted living place, and a few of the patients had dementia. We took them all outside for a walk, and one of the elders picked a flower and gave it to one of the ladies with dementia, saying "Look at this pretty flower!" She said "Ooh, pretty," twirled it around in her fingers, then took a bite out of it. We were busting a gut trying not to laugh, it was hilarious!

Then me and my companion were teaching a less active man, and he was talking about how it's easy for us young people to get into sin and all the bad things of the world, and then he said "For us older folks, we just get grumpy and re-write our will", and for some reason I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard in a long time, like that's he worst thing an old person can do is write you out of their will, haha!

So, judge for yourselves if those things were actually funny, or if I am just in a funny mood this week.

This week has been a bit rough, but we finally got some answers about Sister Phillips' health issues and we'll be trying some things to get her on the mend! We actually taught 29 lessons total this week, which is awesome! I think it will continue to improve as we continue to be obedient, invite the Spirit, and strive to do the Lord's will. I love being a missionary and I love being able to share my testimony and help others to gain their own. It's the best thing ever!

Hope you all have a  wonderful week, don't forget to tell your mothers 'Happy Mother's Day', and don't be afraid to open your mouth and share what you know to be true! Luv ya!

Sister Batchelor

0 comments: