Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Sister Batchelor and the Ward Mission Leader
People! I've been on my mission for six months! AAHHH!!! That's 1/3 of my mission life, gone... I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems like it hasn't been that long, but then when I think of all the things that have happened since the start of my mission it is a lot!

Coeur d'Alene Idaho is so nice, it's a bit more rainy than I'm used to, but it's good. The people here are nice, mostly, we did have a door slammed in our face last week, but it's all part of the work. Our mission president said that we should be so excited when we face opposition, because that means we are like the sons of Mosiah from the Book of Mormon. They faced a lot of opposition, they were thrown in jail, they could have been killed, but after all that they had a lot of success in bringing people to Christ. I try to remind myself of that when people say that they don't want to listen.

We've been working with a 13 year old girl named S--, and she's getting baptized on Friday! Please pray for her that she will be able to, that her parents will allow it, and that she'll stay strong in the church afterwards! This will only be the second baptism of my mission, and again I feel like I haven't done much in teaching her, but she's awesome and I'm sure that she'll stay on the path.

We've been teaching a lot of kids, and they are the funniest! One little girl we taught, whenever we would ask her a question she would say "Um... Jesus?" It was her answer to everything, and really it is. Jesus Christ and His Atonement can answer and fix anything. Another boy we're teaching says the sweetest prayers you ever heard, he is preparing to be baptized in July. His parents were less active, but the missionaries found them and started teaching them, and now he's going to be baptized and his mom is preparing to go to the temple! It's so great to see all the blessing that come because of the Gospel.

I hope you have an awesome week and that you're preparing for General Conference! It's coming up very soon, and I'm so excited! Love you all!

Sister Batchelor

0 comments: