Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 1, 2014
It's December everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and ate tons of food! I know I did, we went to three member's houses and by the end of the day I was so stuffed! It was great, and one of our investigators, Sarah, came to dinner with us and they were so nice and welcoming, it was the best!

I am amazed at how willing the members are in this area. They are always asking about how the work is going and who we're meeting with, and they are willing to meet with us as well. We have this kind of program called the Member Missionary Focus Families, and we meet and have lessons with families to help them to do their missionary work.

We're preparing to have a Christmas party for next week, and it's going to be really fun! We're going to have a gift exchange and waffles and a tree and snowflakes! I'm really getting into the Christmas Spirit, and now that it's December I can do one of my favorite things! Sing Christmas songs!

I want you all to go to christmas.mormon.org and check out the new video they have on there! It's called 'He is the Gift'. If you got an ensign there should have been a packet all about it and some cards for you to pass out, so you can be like a real-life missionary!

And then you can all go on the regular mormon.org and look at that too! It's got these neat little 60 second videos on topics like Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon, and others. It's simple and straightforward, a great thing to share on your facebook! (hint hint)

I love being a missionary, and I love the challenges that it gives me to overcome. I love the people I serve around and those I get to teach and help on the pah o conversion.

I was a little sad this week because a couple people told us they didn't want to meet with us anymore. But I know hat I did my best to help them, and that at some point later on down the road they will have another chance to learn and to change.

But there are still people that want to meet with us and are taking those steps that will change their lives! One lady we teach is quitting smoking, another just came out and told us that she wants to live the Word of Wisdom, there are a lot of good people that we see every week and I love seeing them make those good choices.

It snowed in Lewiston! Just a little, and it wasn't cold enough for any of it to stick, but it was cool! To me it's not winter until it snows, so it is now officially winter!

I hope you have a great week and that you still have tons of leftovers from thanksgiving!

Sister Batchelor

0 comments: